The awesome thing about attending blog conferences is that you meet people you may have never connected with otherwise! Even for someone who actively networks (aka screws around on Twitter to avoid working), there are just too many bloggers to meet without stepping outside of the comfort zone! Danielle Elwood is one of those great bloggers, and she has challenged us to a “Who I am” challenge. May I suggest clicking play as you read this list? Of course, you don’t have to, but know that it is stuck in my head as I write this post!
In no particular order, here are some things you may or may not know about me…
- I’m a walking contradiction. As my tagline says, I’m evolving, a work in progress. That means that there are times when it seems like my views are changing on something. That’s part of being an adult, doing the research to have an intelligent opinion!
- I’m sarcastic by nature. This is one of those contradictions I mentioned. Some people think it’s just plain un-Christian to be sarcastic, but 34 years of experience doesn’t go away all at once.
- I hate trying new foods. I’m getting better at this one, but I really don’t like it! I figure that if I’m telling Mack that she needs to try new things or she might miss out on her favorite food that she doesn’t know about yet, I’d better walk the walk!
- I’m totally done with the baby phase. While part of me would love a third baby, the truth is I enjoy my sleep too much and I deal much better with little ones who are learning to communicate. Not only that, but bedrest x2 makes you rethink doing it all again.
- I don’t have a filter. You know that filter some people have that will keep them from saying the wrong thing at the wrong time? I don’t have one of those. All too often, I say what’s on my mind regardless of the consequences. On the other hand, it can be amusing at times.
- I really hate doing posts like this. I have a hard enough time figuring out who I am without being put on the spot!
- There are days I miss working outside the home. It’s not easy to be a work-at-home mom. Basically, I have to try to do all of the work I’d be doing at an office while making sure my kids aren’t burning down the house, pulling every toy off of every shelf or killing one another. Some days are more successful than others. Hubs doesn’t get it when I tell him that he gets to go to work every day.
- I love to travel. I don’t get to do it often, but if I can find a way, I will do it more often in the future! A month ago, the largest city I had explored without some sort of guide was Madison, WI. Now, I’ve spent some time in Chicago and New York City and can’t wait to go back to both!
- My music tastes change based on what I’m doing. If I’m cleaning house, you’ll know because you’ll hear Jimmy Buffet from a mile away. When I’m doing design, I’m probably listening to They Might Be Giants and other strange artists. If I’m reading blogs and playing on social media, it’s country all the way.
- I want a garden. We just moved to the country and I can’t wait until next year when I can have a garden. Even if it’s just using one of the flower beds up by the house as a garden, I’ll be in seventh heaven when I have fresh produce without having to go to the store!
- I’m turning into a prude. The older I get, the more prudish I feel. Perhaps it’s because I have a daughter now, but there are many things that never use to bother me that suddenly do.
- I’m just learning to show my personality through my outward appearance. For a long time, this wasn’t important to me, but now, I’m trying to make my outside match my inside.
There’s a partial list. I know there’s more to me, but seriously, I’m horrible at putting it all on paper! If you know me, feel free to add something I’ve forgotten in a comment!