Now that I will simply have an oven rather than living in an oven, I’m looking forward to cooking! Last night, I was eager to get started, but it was almost 100 degrees, so I had to figure out something that wasn’t going to be too heavy and it had to be a kid-friendly meal.
I did get some resistance from Mack on the roasted red peppers, but I reminded her that we’re trying to go with the theory of “you never know if you’re going to miss out on your favorite food if you don’t try new things” and she was willing to go with it. The results? Mack asked for seconds and hubby took some to work to share with a buddy. I’ll take that as a win!
Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 2# chicken breast, cubed
- 1# penne pasta
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2T. butter
- 2 cups half and half
- 14oz can chicken broth
- 15oz jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 cups mozarella
- onion powder
- Cook pasta until almost al dente.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook thoroughly. I seasoned with my standby mixture of onion powder, salt and pepper, as well as adding a few extra cloves of garlic to the olive oil.
- Remove chicken from the pan and add chicken broth, half and half and cheese. Heat through until cheese melts.
- Add roasted red peppers, chicken and pasta to the sauce. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until pasta is done.