I would like the record to show that I’ve made home-cooked meals two nights in a row! Yes, that is a bit of a rarity in our home, but I’m trying to make it the norm. Of course, tonight I’m going to screw that all up by heading out to the chiropractor at dinner time, but that will be worth it as well and I’m going to see what I can whip together before I leave.
Last night, I took the leap to making something I was almost certain my family would hate. I downloaded a meal plan for the week and decided that no matter what, we’re going to try some new things in this house because one mom can only make the same dishes for so long before completely losing her mind! I wasn’t sure how Apricot Chicken was going to go over, but when Hubs and Bubba both asked for more, I realized it was a hit!
- 1.5# boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin
- 1 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix preserves, soup mix and mayo to form a sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in 9×13 pan and cover with sauce.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes.
Serve with white rice, pouring the sauce and juices over the rice. I also made baby carrots steamed with butter and a touch of brown sugar. It made for a pretty perfect meal, except that we didn’t have enough for lunch leftovers!